Several folks have asked whether I am aware that I misspelled one of the words, crumudgeon, in the title of my blog. I am aware that the correct spelling is curmudgeon, but believe it or not youngcurmudgeon was already in use. I liked the title and figured I'd just spell it the way I think it should be spelled and then write a humorous piece explaining how/why I'm right. Stay tuned for said humor.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Will the Real Ronald Reagan Please Stand Up

Short post drawing your attention to a great piece that asks that we reexamine our love affair with Ronald Reagan. We need to get beyond the mythology and our adolescent love affair with a man who did a great deal of harm here and abroad. This is particulalrly important now as we begin to see the long-term ramifications of his misguided policies. W was right about at least one thing - history does provide the final verdict.

And for some information about the horrors of the Reagan administration's legacy on HIV and AIDS, see this piece.

Thinking about Reagan inspired me to write a story about the influence seeing Reagan speak had on me as a child, and how it continues to impact me today. I have told this story many times so figured I should write it up. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment