Several folks have asked whether I am aware that I misspelled one of the words, crumudgeon, in the title of my blog. I am aware that the correct spelling is curmudgeon, but believe it or not youngcurmudgeon was already in use. I liked the title and figured I'd just spell it the way I think it should be spelled and then write a humorous piece explaining how/why I'm right. Stay tuned for said humor.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Update: Getting attention and action steps



It seems like some of the parties responsible for the atmosphere I wrote about in my last posting are not pleased with being called out. Michelle Malkin and Newsbusters.org (dedicated to exposing liberal media bias) both embedded hyperlinks to my piece on their blogs today. They link to my Daily Kos diary entry, not this blog. Either way, many thanks.

The issue is gaining attention, and one thing you can do to make a difference is sign this petition that calls for O'Reilly to take responsibility for his actions in creating this violent atmosphere.

And last but certainly not least, kudos to Frank Schaeffer, a man honest enough to admit he had a role in the death of a fellow human being. Schaeffer has written before about his involvement with the religious right and his later regrets. This is an honest admission of how his actions, and those of others in the movement, directly contributed to Dr. Tiller's murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment