Several folks have asked whether I am aware that I misspelled one of the words, crumudgeon, in the title of my blog. I am aware that the correct spelling is curmudgeon, but believe it or not youngcurmudgeon was already in use. I liked the title and figured I'd just spell it the way I think it should be spelled and then write a humorous piece explaining how/why I'm right. Stay tuned for said humor.

Friday, May 29, 2009

First step gay marriage, next step people marry ducks

Perhaps just as ridiculous as the war on drugs has been the fight to keep heterosexism and homophobia codified by a prohibition against marriage for all those not heterosexual.

Among the more ludicrous arguments propelling this movement is the idea that if we legalize gay marriage we then put ourselves on a track to legalize polygamy and human beings marrying animals. The slippery slope argument is always put forth by the simple-minded, but as many people in our illustrious nation fit that bill (see ratings for American Idol), it often works.

Pat Robertson, noted spiritual leader, hate monger, and god profiteer, is one of but many of the geniuses that has stated that the step right after legalizing gay marriage is legalizing humans marrying ducks. No lie. He said this shit.

Sometimes humor is needed to keep you from losing your sanity or just giving up. Check out this amazingly funny video on what a world with people marrying ducks would look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment