Several folks have asked whether I am aware that I misspelled one of the words, crumudgeon, in the title of my blog. I am aware that the correct spelling is curmudgeon, but believe it or not youngcurmudgeon was already in use. I liked the title and figured I'd just spell it the way I think it should be spelled and then write a humorous piece explaining how/why I'm right. Stay tuned for said humor.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Black Woman becomes Rabbi...In NC!

I didn't know there were any Jews in Greenville, NC. Apparently there are enough to form an actual congregation, and there new spiritual leader is the first ordained Black female Rabbi.

I'm not a fan of organized religion, but this tickles me for a couple reasons.

Any time barriers based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual identity, age, disability, etc. are broken, that's a good thing.

Second of all, I'm sure the Orthodox and hard-core nuts are freaking out. That too is always a good thing.

Mazel Tov Rabbi Stanton!

No comments:

Post a Comment